Current job openings with the Rutland Area Farm and Food Link
ABOUT THE RUTLAND AREA FARM AND FOOD LINK
RAFFL is a dynamic food system organization located in Rutland County, Vermont. Our programs support local farm and food producers and build community by strengthening the relationships between farmers and consumers through education, collaboration, and innovation.
RAFFL is deeply embedded in our community. Our programs are designed to be responsive to the needs of both the farmers and broader community members in our region. We influence the way local food is valued, how people find it, and who benefits from it.
1) Support new farmers by providing technical assistance and workshop opportunities
2) Create new economic opportunities for farmers, while making local food more available to community members across the economic spectrum (i.e. through an online farmers’ market and a workplace CSA delivery program)
3) Provide local food to social service organizations by giving farmers systematic ways to donate harvested and/or gleaned produce
4) Educate community members about different aspects of the food system and create volunteer opportunities for the public to get involved
In all of our programming, we build creative connections and partnerships that magnify our impact, build capacity in our partners, and make efficient use of resources. Our work requires us to be outwardly focused – surveying and assessing the needs in our community and working in partnership with others.
Rutland Area Farm and Food Link (RAFFL) will consider all job applicants on merit without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
INTERNSHIPS, Americorps Vista, volunteers
Internship: We often offers summer, fall, and spring internships to interested students. Internships are catered to meet the student’s interests, goals, and school requirements. Internships are either paid or unpaid, determined on a case-by-case basis. Prospective interns should fill out the Intern Application and e-mail it to email@example.com. Please include a cover letter that explains your interest in RAFFL as well as a resume.
Americorps Vista: We serve a population that struggles with poverty and the national Americorps Vista program has been instrumental in helping us build our programs and capacity. To find out more about becoming an Americorps Vista, visit the Vermont chapter's website.
Volunteers: We engage with volunteers to help with events, administrative tasks, delivery and gleaning. To find out more about what we have available for volunteers, please fill out this form with your information.
Seeking Local Farming Opportunities?
If you are seeking opportunities to work with farms and producers in our area and throughout Vermont, we encourage you to start with the following organizations as resources to help you. Remember to check back often as the listings change:
- Northeastern Organic Farming Association of Vermont (NOFA-VT)
- Vermont Farm to Plate
- Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets
- Young Farmers
- Beginning Farmers
- Craigslist, Vermont