Since 2004, the Rutland Area Farm and Food Link has been working to expand availability and access to locally produced foods, bolster the greater Rutland region’s agricultural economy, and increase community appreciation and understanding of the positive impact of farms and farmers on the Rutland region. In collaboration with statewide partners, RAFFL is helping to conserve Vermont’s working landscapes for future generations.
RAFFL envisions a vibrant, interconnected, and organized year-round farm and food system that involves and benefits the entire Rutland region.
- A strong and vibrant farm economy is essential to the enduring strength of our region.
- All people should have access to healthy, affordable, and nutritious food from local sources.
- The Rutland region’s long-term food security relies on the success of local farms.
- Community connections to local farms are important to the preservation and appreciation of our working landscapes.
- Community collaborations and partnerships are essential to achieving our mission.