Join Food Export-Northeast and the Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets to discuss what it takes for a company to become export ready and on exciting opportunities in the Caribbean market. Exports of consumer food products are growing three times faster than sales here in the U.S. They have soared in recent years in response to consumers’ growing purchasing power and lower trade barriers. We will provide an overview of what’s involved with learning to export.
BECOMING EXPORT READY Speaker Pamela Wells-Russell, In-Market Representative for the Caribbean will discuss:
- Building an export strategy - what you need to know
- Determining your company’s “export readiness”
- Identifying the skills to be a successful exporter
- Getting started with online export market research
- Accessing export assistance and service providers
The United States is the largest supplier of food products to the Caribbean. In 2011, U.S. agricultural exports to the Caribbean totaled more than $3.4 billion, up 7% from 2010.
CARIBBEAN OVERVIEW Speaker Pamela Wells-Russell, In-Market Representative for the Caribbean will discuss:
- Overview of the Caribbean market, including discussions on the economy, geography, and demographics
- Market entry strategies for U.S. food companies
- Consumer trends in the Caribbean, including top exports and product prospects
- Retail and HRI/Foodservice markets
- Activities targeting Caribbean buyers
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: November 29, 2012 Fee - $50 Per Person (includes a light breakfast and lunch) Langevin House Vermont Technical College Randolph, VT 05061
The first 12 registrants will receive one-on-one meetings with our Caribbean In-Market Representative and Food Export Staff at no additional fee.
Companies registered before November 19, 2012 will receive a free market analysis of the top 25 markets for their product.
HURRY! REGISTER FOR THIS SEMINAR TODAY. SPACE IS LIMITED.