Hello everyone! I'm excited to announce the awesome line-up of beginning farmer workshops, happening every other week this summer in the Rutland Region. Learn from experienced growers in our area and network with your peers. Stay tuned for workshop descriptions and more details! All workshops are held on Wednesday evenings from 5 - 7.
1) July 14: Marketing Practices and Strategies for the Small Farm Kilpatrick Family Farm, Granville NY
2): July 28: Building Soils: Soil testing, composting, amendments Dutchess Farm, Poultney VT With Carla Fenner, NRCS and Wendy Sue Harper, NOFA-VT
3) August 11: Business Strategies and Cheese Blue Ledge Farm, Leicester VT
4) August 25: Farm Equipment Primer: Safety and types of equipment for small farms Larson Farm, Wells VT ***RAFFL's New Farmer Mixer and NOFAVORE Celebration with mobile pizza oven after workshop @ 7pm***
5) September 8: Crop Planning: Succession planting, diversification choices Cerridwen Farm, Green Mountain College, Poultney VT
6) September 22: Organic Pest and Disease Management Boardman Hill Farm, West Rutland VT With State Agency of Agriculture Entomologist, Jon Turmel and UVM-Extension Plant Pathologist, Ann Hazelrigg