Here are some Everyday Chef tips for roasting just right!
- Cut veggies into similarly-sized chunks. That way the veggies will be ready at the same time.
- Toss veggies with olive oil in a medium or large bowl to coat evenly before spreading out on your roasting pan.
- Place veggies in a single layer on the roasting pan so that the heat can cook each piece evenly--go ahead and use two pans if your too crowded on one.
- Use a heavy-bottomed cookie sheet or a roasting pan without the rack--either will do!
- Stir veggies at least once, approximately half way through the cooking time.
Time-saver tip from the Domestic Diva: Microwave your veggies, tossed in olive oil (in a glass, microwave safe bowl) for 5-8 minutes, or until half tender. Then, spread on your pan and roast for 20 to 30 minutes.