Braising is a cooking method that involves both dry and moist heat and can be achieved in a pan on top of the stove. What's great about braising greens is that it's the same technique for whichever green you chose to use: kale, escarole, collards and Swiss chard are all good options. You can even mix different greens together. This makes a great side dish any night of the week. Braised Greens Serves 4 Ingredients
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup water, broth, or white wine
- 1 large bunch of rinsed and roughly torn greens (6 - 8 cups)
- In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add garlic, red pepper, and greens.
- Cook until greens just begin to wilt.
- Add in the liquid and salt.
- Simmer until liquid has reduced in half and greens are tender.