Winter is a tough time of year to eat fresh, healthy food, especially around the holidays.
Part of our Everyday Chef workshop series, Local Food Strategies for Winter - Holiday Edition will focus on getting the most out of local and fresh food in the coming months while keeping things festive, healthy and DELICIOUS.
This two hour class is hands-on, where you will roll up your sleeves and make delicious food, sample new recipes and lighten up traditional favorites. There will even be door prizes! And children's activities, (Just be sure to RSVP no later than 10/28/15 in order for us to plan)!
At the end of this workshop, head home with recipes, ingredients, resources, new confidence and a full stomach.
- Roast Pumpkin Stuffed with Many Good Things
- Winter Salad of Massaged Greens
- Cream Biscuits with Compound Butter
- Cranberry Fool
Door Prizes! Compact salad spinner, 8" Chef's Knife and 6 oz jar of Maple Cream. More prizes to be announced!
- Workshop is $8/person or $10/couple, ages 16 years and older. Under 16 years is FREE with accompanying adult. We also offer sliding scale and waived fees because we do NOT want $ to be a barrier. Just click the corresponding button in the ticket.
- Children's activities will be made available with RSVP no later than 10/28/15. We invite older children to join us in the cooking!
- Workshop fees include hands-on instruction, recipes, take-home ingredients, materials and resources
- Mail workshop fees to: Rutland Farm & Food Link, attn: Everyday Chef, PO Box 284, Rutland, VT 05702 or pay directly when you RSVP
Space is limited to 15 participants.
Cost: $10/person, 16 years and older. Children under 16 are free with accompanying adult. We have financial assistance available too! Price of the workshop includes hands-on instruction, recipes, take-home ingredients, materials and resources.
When: Sunday, November 1 - 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Where: Trinity Episcopal Church - Kitchen - 85 West Street, Rutland, Vermont
Contact: Elena Gustavson, email@example.com