The first of 4 New Farmer Coaching Days is fast approaching! Next Friday, December 19th RAFFL's New Farmer Program Coordinator Jen Miller will be available for appointments and drop-in sessions from 9:00-3:00 at Speakeasy Cafe in Rutland. Check out the FAQs below to learn more. Who are coaching sessions for?
- Coaching sessions are for any aspiring or beginning farmers (up to 10 years of experience)
What can I expect at a coaching session?
- A coaching session usually lasts about 1 hour. Generally some time will be spent providing some relevant background about your farm (or the farm you are planning) and your goals. Then you may use the session to discuss anything you would like about your farm- some aspect of the business you are looking to improve, learn more about, or just need to talk through. At the end of the coaching session, you can expect support in the form of referrals to resources and an action plan to help you lay out your next steps and be successful in achieving your farm goals.
Who will I have a coaching session with?
- Coaching sessions will be with Jen Miller, RAFFL’s New Farmer Program Coordinator. She started in this position in July after farming for seven years- five in Burlington’s Intervale. Jen has experience managing diversified vegetable farms, raising small livestock and poultry, and managing the CSA program at the Intervale Food Hub.
Should I schedule an appointment or just show up?
- Either! However, please be aware that if you just show-up you may have to wait awhile as priority will go to those with scheduled appointments. If the dates below do not work for you, feel free to contact Jen to make an appointment for another day.
How do I make an appointment for a coaching session?
- Contact Jen at email@example.com or 417-7096 to set up an appointment.