RAFFL is seeking a qualified candidate with diverse skills to join our team. This person will take on the primary responsibilities of coaching new farmers in the greater Rutland region as well as coordinating additional programs that link farmers with new market opportunities.Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work with New Farmers in the area to assess their needs, connect them to resources, and create programming that helps them to achieve success of their farms.
- Work with aspiring and beginning farmers to assist them in preparing a detailed learning plan and timeline that links them to available services and learning opportunities
- Conduct outreach to landowners around the region to encourage listings on the Vermont land access database
- Provide information and assistance to landowners so that they can effectively identify their goals for making land available to farmers
- Operate RAFFL’s Farm to Workplace program
- Serve as a resource to prospective buyers of local foods to help them identify farms with available produce
- Create and share resources for farmers that identify potential market opportunities
- Research new and developing markets for local farms
- Build relationships within the business and institutional sectors of our region to better understand institutional demand
- Track project data and create reports about program delivery
- Continually evaluate and improve program delivery
- Work with Program Director to pursue additional funding opportunities to maintain and/or expand services
- Other duties as required or as time allows
This position is an hourly positiion requiring 32-40 hours of work each week, year-round. Compensation is $15-$17 per hour, depending on experience. Hours of work are flexible, with some nights and weekends required for special events. Mileage for required travel is reimbursed.
Qualifications RAFFL is a dynamic, nimble organization. We are looking for a self-motivated, creative, disciplined and committed person to join our team. RAFFL is a Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- A demonstrated passion for local food and small, diversified farms
- Self-disciplined, self-starter, dedicated to making an impact in one’s community
- Sufficient knowledge of farming practices and farm management to provide useful advice and referrals to aspiring and new farmers
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups of people, co-workers and community partners
- Experience successfully juggling multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Record-keeping, computer, and data entry skills
- Clear & effective written and verbal communication
- Experience with grant management (including evaluation and tracking)
How to Apply Send a resume with cover letter to Tara Kelly, RAFFL, PO Box 284, Rutland, VT 05702 or email to email@example.com.
Deadline for receipt of application is April 14, 2014 at 5:00 pm