NOFA seeks an Outreach & Public Relations Intern to assist in publicizing its 40th annual Summer Conference. The intern will help collect and document information about, and connect with, various community organizations and media outlets to increase the Summer Conference's visibility and reach.The intern will work a total of 40 hours from April to August. Mentorship and guidance provided by NOFA/Mass Public Relations Director. College credit possible, but not necessary.Expectations
- Complete total of 40 hours by August 7th
- Ability to work approx. 2-3 hours per week, some day time hours necessary
- Timely response & accountability for deadlines
- Access to computer, internet, and telephone
- Majority of work to be done independently, with potential for occasional in person meetingsProjects
- Research and update organizational information for outreach purposes, to include coops, agricultural organizations, youth, regional groups, etc.
- Research and update various media contact information, including newspapers, tv, radio, parenting blogs, websites, podcasts, etc.
- Call and email organizational contacts to ask their help in promoting the conference
- Help draft emails, tailored to specific conference tracks
- Update and draft social media posts, including Facebook and Twitter
- Contact members of the press to pitch story
- Add Summer Conference to online calendars in the region
- Other activities as neededSkills needed
- Data management, including Microsoft Excel and Google Drive.
- Social media, including Facebook and Twitter
- Internet research
- Problem solving
- Self motivated
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with agricultural organizations and/or state and regional media outlets helpful, but not necessaryCompensationUpon completion of the internship, intern will receive free entry, free camping, and one free meal at the NOFA Summer Conference (August 8-10, Amherst, MA). Reimbursement for phone is possible if necessary.How to apply
News, cooking tips, recipes, and more from the Rutland Area Farm and Food Link.