This might not be right for all of you, but for intermediate and advanced growers it should be fantastic! This three-day NOFA-VT course will help you develop a practical, action-oriented marketing plan for the 2011 growing season. You will learn how to select, implement and evaluate marketing strategies that match your farm operations and budget.The course will meet Nov. 16, Nov. 30 and Dec. 7. Each day will include hands-on activities, case studies, and presentations on marketing successes and challenges from a variety of farms. Additionally, participants will learn about:
- Creating successful relationships with restaurant, institutional and wholesale buyers
- How to conduct demos and sampling to increase sales
- Building your brand and using it in point-of-sale materials
- Merchandising and displays, including elements of a great farm stand, farmers' market booth, and other displays. Opportunities are available to bring photos of your display and receive feedback.
- A winning web presence, including email, websites, blogs, social networking, and tools to retain and grow your customer base
- On-farm events, including agritourism opportunities, festivals, open houses, educational and more
- Strategies for getting meaningful feedback from customers, including opportunities to role-play interviews
- Using metrics to improve your website's performan
Course instructor Rose Wilson has worked on business plans, strategic plans, market research and marketing development with over 70 businesses and organizations, and frequently provides marketing consulting via the Vermont Farm Viability program.
For more information and to obtain a registration form, please contact NOFA-VT at 802-434-4122 or firstname.lastname@example.org