This might not be relevant to some of you, but for more experienced growers it looks to be a great training opportunity! Intensive Training in Organic Vegetable Production Monday, November 22, 2010 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Lehigh County Ag Center 4184 Dorney Park Road, Allentown, PA
Who Should Attend? For experienced organic producers. All producers are welcome, but the program will focus on the next step for and intensive discussion among practiced growers and may glaze over introductory topics. Practices discussed will focus on certified organic techniques. Topics Include:
- Reduced Tillage in Organic Vegetable Systems – Anu Rangarajan, Cornell
- Dealing with High Soluble Salt Levels in High Tunnels – Elsa Sanchez, Penn State
- Organic Disease Management -- Which Fungicides Really Work? – Meg McGrath, Cornell
- A Focus on Soil Quality -- What Can Soil Health Tests Tell Us? – Beth Gugino, Penn State
- Measuring Your Soil’s Quality – Small Group hands on experience measuring soil borne diseases, aggregate stability, water infiltration, compaction, nematodes, salts, and pH.
This program is supported by funds from SARE Sustainable Agriculture Research and Extension.
For a flier with more details, registration info and directions, please contact Tianna DuPont at firstname.lastname@example.org