- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
Combine using any of the following options:
- Super simple (for small quantities): put all ingredients in a mug, and agitate in a circular motion with a fork.
- Still pretty simple: put all ingredients in a glass jar with a lid (like a canning jar), tighten the lid, and shake like the dickens–fun job for kiddos.
- Simple: put all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk vigorously.
- Not-so-simple, but still fun (good for larger quantities): Pull out your food processor or (the Diva’s favorite) Magic Bullet, add solid ingredients first (like garlic or ginger) and pulse until everything is minced. Then all other non-oil ingredients (vinegar, maple syrup, tamari, etc), and then, while the processor is still on, add the oil slowly. Voila. You’ll have a tasty and emulsified dressing.
If you’re making a big batch, leftovers can be kept in a sealed jar in your refrigerator for up to five days.