The Collaborative Regional Alliance for Farmer Training (CRAFT) seeks to educate farm workers who are interested in becoming farmers themselves by providing a diversity of on-farm educational experiences throughout the season.
CRAFT gatherings are held monthly from May – October on participating farms in Rutland and Bennington Counties. Each FREE gathering includes a farm tour, workshop, and potluck dinner. Participants learn about a diversity of farm topics and farm systems, have the opportunity to network with other apprentices, interns, and farm workers in the region, and meet other CRAFT farmers. In addition, all participants receive a resource manual with in-depth information on each topic and Vermont’s network of new farmer services.
2017 Participating Farms
2017 CRAFT Schedule
What is C.R.A.F.T.?
- A 7-part workshop series for aspiring and beginning farmers of all ages seeking meaningful mentorship from farmers
- A networking opportunity with other apprentices and mentor farmers in the region
- Workshop topics this year include mushroom cultivation, cover cropping, crop planning, marketing, and more.
- Workshops are FREE, and include farm tour, training session, followed by a potluck!
- Receive a CRAFT Certificate and resource manual from RAFFL and NOFA-VT apprentices by attending4 of the 7 workshops
- You do not have to be an apprentice on one of the host farms in order to participate
Questions? Want to be a participating farmer or apprentice? Contact Mara at firstname.lastname@example.org or 417-7096.
CRAFT is brought to you by RAFFL & NOFA-VT with funding from the Working Lands Enterprise Initiative.